Steps to Appealing a Citation
- Enter the WWU Parking Portal
- Log in using your universal or guest login. If you do not have an account, click “SIGNUP” on the top right of the screen.
- Enter your citation number. This will bring up the citation Appeal Agreement information and will provide you with the option to appeal or pay your citation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select “NEXT”.
- On the “Appeal Details” page select your contact email from the drop down menu. If the email you want to use is not present, click the “Add” button to go to your Account Information.
- On the Account Information page:
- If you wish to use one of the listed emails, click “Edit” to the right of the email and select “Save Edits”
- If you wish to use different email than what is listed, click “Add New” and enter the email address. Select “Save New.”
- After confirming your email address, click the green “Return” button at the bottom of the screen to return to your appeal.
- Once back on the “Appeal Details” screen, select the desired email and continue with the form.
- Hit the “Submit” button to finish your request and receive your confirmation receipt.
Appeals Board Information
Requirements for requesting an Appeals Board hearing:
- Hearing may only be requested “after” your 1st appeal has been reviewed by Parking.
- Citation must be paid and appealed to the Board within 14 days from the date on your original “Notification of Appeal Decision” letter.
With these conditions met, the steps for requesting an Appeals Board referral are as follows:
- Enter the WWU Parking Portal-Appeals
- Login using your universal login information or guest login information.
- Click on the “Citations” button at the top of the screen
- Locate the citation you want to appeal, hit the “appeal” button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Other Appeals Board Information
If you indicate that you wish to “appear in person” before the Appeals Board, you will be notified of the time, date and location of your hearing. Appeals “submitted as written” will be reviewed by the Board as submitted. After the Board has reviewed your appeal, an email is sent with the Board's decision.
If an appellant cannot attend a scheduled appearance and wishes to reschedule, they must notify Parking Services within 48 hours of the scheduled time by emailing email@example.com. Appellants will be given only one opportunity to reschedule.
Appellants failing to appear for a scheduled hearing will be reviewed as written which includes any extra photos and/or materials submitted on their first appeal.
The Parking Appeals Board is composed of a seven member board: one administrator, one faculty, one staff and four students. All members are appointed by each specific groups council. Parking staff are not eligible to vote on Board decisions.