Parking Customer Service has moved to the Student Business Office (SBO). Beginning March 1, students, faculty and staff can conduct parking transactions conveniently in the SBO in Old Main 110. Parking customers are still encouraged to use its secure online system for quick and convenient purchases and payments, but when the need arises to do business face-to-face or by phone, the new point of contact will be the SBO, not the Campus Services Building.
Parking Services has implemented a new and updated ONLINE parking portal that’s mobile-friendly! Although the look has changed, the current functions will remain the same. You're able to:
- Buy parking permits
- Add yourself to a waiting list for a lot
- Pay citations
After Hours Permit
|Student Parking||Faculty/Staff Parking||Weekend Parking|
|7:00PM - 7:00AM (M-F)||4:30PM - 7:00AM (M-F)||All Day|
- Evening and weekends, you are allowed to use a valid Parking Permit to park in lots: 5G, 7G, 11G, 14G, 17G, & 19G (NO OTHER LOTS).
- Permits are not needed in the C and 12A lots between 4:30PM and 7:00AM Monday - Friday and all hours on weekends.
- Permits are not valid in:
- Reserved spaces
- Lots reserved for an event
- Single ParkMobile spaces
2016-2017 Permit Rates
|Commuter Coupon Code||$14.00|
Faculty/Staff Carpool assignments are available in 11G, 17G, and 26CP, students are assigned lot 26CP only.
Two or more people may share a carpool parking permit by meeting the following criteria:
- One member is designated as the permit holder.
- At least two people must arrive together on all trips to campus.
- Each member must read and sign an agreement to comply with the carpool policy.
- No carpool members are eligible to purchase another full-time or part-time permit.
Only valid carpools may park in carpool lots. On days when special circumstances prevent carpool members from riding together, the carpool permit holder may park alone and follow the appropriate procedure below:
- Faculty/Staff Carpooler driving alone must park in 12A.
- Faculty/Staff carpool permits will be honored in lot 12A with no call-in necessary.
- Student Carpooler driving alone must park in the C Lot.
Instances of parking alone will be monitored to ensure that the carpool system is not being abused.
Commuter Coupon Code (Faculty/Staff Alternative users)
|Commuter Coupon Code||$14.00|
Commuter Coupon Codes (formerly known as Scratch Packs) are only available for Faculty/Staff who use alternative transportation (walk, bus, bike, or belong to a WWU carpool) as a primary means of getting to campus and only need to drive occasionally.
Each Commuter Coupon Code is valid for 10 days of parking. One Commuter Coupon Code may be purchased per quarter, but the Coupon Code does not expire until the end of the annual school year. Unused parking days on Commuter Coupon Codes are nonrefundable. Parking Services is not liable for Commuter Coupon Codes that are distributed. If all parking days of the Commuter Coupon Code are used, you must purchase a permit at the daily rate to park on campus.
Commuter Coupons Codes are redeemed at pay stations. To purchase your Commuter Coupon code, please visit Western's parking portal.
Convenience Pack (5 per pack)
Vendors/Contractors only; nonrefundable.
Permit Refund Information
Excerpts from WAC 516-12-460 Fees.
(3) Refunds will be made based on the valid time remaining according to the parking services refund schedule. Refunds may be made if unpaid fines and fees have been paid.
(a) The permit holder must return the permit to Parking Services before a refund will be authorized or a payroll deduction will be terminated.
(b) No refund will be made for a permit after the first thirty calendar days of any quarter. Unused quarters may be refunded in whole at respective rates.
(c) Refunds will not be made upon permit revocation by the public safety director.
(4) A service charge will be assessed for:
(a) Change of permit when a lot transfer is requested by the permit holder and approved by the public safety director.
(b) Any permit returned for a refund.
(c) Change in hours issued on a part-time permit.
Additional Notations for Processing Permit Refunds
- Employees Cancelling a Permit
Any employee that requests to cancel their permit after the first 30 days of any quarter will pay the same permit fee (See (3)(b) above). Permits purchased via payroll will be charged for the quarter until the quarter fee has been paid in full. Payroll Deduction is an option that an employee voluntarily chooses to allow the employee to purchase the permit in payments rather than pay the entire amount up front.
- Processing Fee/Service Charge
A service fee will be charged for refunding (processing) excess permit payments upon return of permit and will follow the approved fee structure. Fees are listed on the Parking Services website.
- Permits Not Returned
Permit holders are responsible for turning in a permit that will not be used.
Permits brought for refund following an extended personal/emergency leave do not qualify for a retro-active refund. Unused quarters left on the permit will be refunded. Permit refund balances are calculated from the date the permit was returned to Parking Services.