Parking Customer Service has moved to the Student Business Office (SBO). Beginning March 1, students, faculty and staff can conduct parking transactions conveniently in the SBO in Old Main 110. Parking customers are still encouraged to use its secure online system for quick and convenient purchases and payments, but when the need arises to do business face-to-face or by phone, the new point of contact will be the SBO, not the Campus Services Building.
Parking Services has implemented a new and updated ONLINE parking portal that’s mobile-friendly! Although the look has changed, the current functions will remain the same. You're able to:
- Buy parking permits
- Add yourself to a waiting list for a lot
- Pay citations
2016-2017 Permit Rates
|Commuter Coupon Code||$14.00|
Faculty/Staff Carpool assignments are available in 11G, 17G, and 26CP, students are assigned lot 26CP only.
Two or more people may share a carpool parking permit by meeting the following criteria:
- One member is designated as the permit holder.
- At least two people must arrive together on all trips to campus.
- Each member must read and sign an agreement to comply with the carpool policy.
- No carpool members are eligible to purchase another full-time or part-time permit.
Only valid carpools may park in carpool lots. On days when special circumstances prevent carpool members from riding together, the carpool permit holder may park alone and follow the appropriate procedure below:
- Faculty/Staff Carpooler driving alone must park in 12A.
- Faculty/Staff carpool permits will be honored in lot 12A with no call-in necessary.
- Student Carpooler driving alone must park in the C Lot.
Instances of parking alone will be monitored to ensure that the carpool system is not being abused.
Commuter Coupon Code (Faculty/Staff Alternative users)
|Commuter Coupon Code||$14.00|
Commuter Coupon Codes (formerly known as Scratch Packs) are only available for Faculty/Staff who use alternative transportation (walk, bus, bike, or belong to a WWU carpool) as a primary means of getting to campus and only need to drive occasionally.
Each Commuter Coupon Code is valid for 10 days of parking. One Commuter Coupon Code may be purchased per quarter, but the Coupon Code does not expire until the end of the annual school year. Unused parking days on Commuter Coupon Codes are nonrefundable. Parking Services is not liable for Commuter Coupon Codes that are distributed. If all parking days of the Commuter Coupon Code are used, you must purchase a permit at the daily rate to park on campus.
Commuter Coupons Codes are redeemed at pay stations. To purchase your Commuter Coupon code, please visit Western's parking portal.
Convenience Pack (5 per pack)
Vendors/Contractors only; nonrefundable.
After Hours Permit
|Student Parking||Faculty/Staff Parking||Weekend Parking|
|7:00PM - 7:00AM (M-F)||4:30PM - 7:00AM (M-F)||All Day|
- Evening and weekends, you are allowed to use a valid Parking Permit to park in lots: 5G, 7G, 11G, 14G, 17G, & 19G (NO OTHER LOTS).
- Permits are not needed in the C and 12A lots between 4:30PM and 7:00AM Monday - Friday and all hours on weekends.
- Permits are not valid in:
- Reserved spaces
- Lots reserved for an event
- Single ParkMobile spaces
Guest Parking Permits
University Departments may purchase guest parking permits 24/7 online on Western's Parking Portal. Staff, Faculty and Students are NOT eligible for this permit.
A license plate is required in order for a permit to be valid.
|Parking Hours||Rates||Lots Available for Guests|
|7:00 AM - 1:00 PM||$8.00||12A, C, 22G, 24G, 32G|
|11:00 AM - 4:30 PM||$8.00||12A, C, 22G, 24G, 32G|
|All Day||$10.00||12A, C, 22G, 24G, 32G|
You will need a department email address to complete these steps, if your department does not have a department email address contact your IT support. Then contact Parking Guest Services at 360-650-4534 or by email from your department email address.
- After confirmation that your email has been entered, continue to Western's parking portal.
- Login with your department email
- Click to create password
- You will receive an email confirmation to your department email
- Select “Get Permits”
Departments must provide a fast index or FOAPAL on the request. Cancellations must be submitted up to 1 hour prior to arrival time via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Guest Permits issued are subject to audit by Parking Services, WWU Internal Auditors and External/State Auditors. By submission of this request, you acknowledge you have approval by your budget authority.
Guest Parking Exceptions
Guest Parking Exceptions are not processed through the Western Parking Portal, they are handled by Parking Services. Same hours and rates apply.
Requests submitted after 3:00 PM will not be processed until the following business day.
Exceptions will only be given for:
|Evenings||Arrival after 4:30 PM|
|Weekends||4:30 PM Friday - 7:00 AM Monday|
|Disability||Must have and display state placard|
|ET Lots||By request of ET Department ONLY|
|Other||Foundation donor, government officials, upon approval|
If you will be parking with one of the listed exceptions, complete the Guest Parking Exception Request Form
Note: If requesting guest parking for more than 2 individuals or requesting a sign and/or sandwich board, this is considered an event. Please complete an Events Request Form and allow three business days for the process to be completed.
All volunteers are required to register through Human Resources before the first day of service. All forms must be completed and processed before a parking arrangement can be assigned. All forms are available online; the parking application may also be obtained at the parking office.
When a volunteer parking application University Volunteer Parking Permit Application is received, Human Resources will be contacted for validation of completed paperwork. Volunteer/departments need to allow adequate time for departments to complete the authentication process. Parking permits will not be issued until all forms have been completed, processed, and approved.
- The parking application can be filled out by the department or volunteer, the form must be authorized (signed) as stated on the form.
- Any volunteer earning credit (registered), volunteering as an intern, or receiving compensation (getting paid by WWU or their employer) will not be eligible for the volunteer permit.
- Individuals who have been approved will be notified by Parking Services, and will be instructed on how to proceed with obtaining their permit.
- Once the volunteer has been contacted about their approved permit, they may pick it up at Parking Services.
- The permits will be assigned the 12A lot (gravel lot next to Fairhaven), unless the volunteer has a state disability placard. Volunteers with a state disability placard will be assigned the disability spaces on campus.
- The duration of the permit will be determined based on the time frame needed to accommodate the voluntary service.
- A “Volunteer Card” is issued when the permit is picked up. This card provides the volunteer a reminder that they need to submit their volunteer hours to Human Resources to fulfill their arrangement as a volunteer.
Statement on volunteer card: This assignment has been made in consideration of your voluntary status; please submit hours volunteered to Human Resources. This parking assignment is auditable; hours submitted will be used to support the validity of this arrangement.
University Business Permits
UNIVERSITY BUSINESS PERMIT - MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Department will be held responsible for the distribution of rules to employees using these permits.
The University Business Permit is issued for the purpose of conducting university business; personal activities/appointments are not considered a valid use of this permit. Identified misuse of this accommodation may result in revocation of the permit(s).
The University Business permit is VALID in these lots only (unless otherwise authorized):
7G, 14G, 17G, 19G, 24G, 32G, C/12A
The University Business permit is NOT VALID in these spaces:
Meter, Load Zones, Loading Docks, Reserved, Maintenance, Physically Disabled
University Business permits are only considered valid when used with a valid parking permit. Failure to comply with these restrictions may result in a parking citation.
Using a UB permit in conjunction with a Commuter Coupon permit:
During business hours the UB permit is only considered valid when used with a Commuter Coupon that is activated for that specific day.
Permit Refund Information
Excerpts from WAC 516-12-460 Fees.
(3) Refunds will be made based on the valid time remaining according to the parking services refund schedule. Refunds may be made if unpaid fines and fees have been paid.
(a) The permit holder must return the permit to Parking Services before a refund will be authorized or a payroll deduction will be terminated.
(b) No refund will be made for a permit after the first thirty calendar days of any quarter. Unused quarters may be refunded in whole at respective rates.
(c) Refunds will not be made upon permit revocation by the public safety director.
(4) A service charge will be assessed for:
(a) Change of permit when a lot transfer is requested by the permit holder and approved by the public safety director.
(b) Any permit returned for a refund.
(c) Change in hours issued on a part-time permit.
Additional Notations for Processing Permit Refunds
- Employees Canceling a Permit
Any employee that requests to cancel their permit after the first 30 days of any quarter will pay the same permit fee (See (3)(b) above). Permits purchased via payroll will be charged for the quarter until the quarter fee has been paid in full. Payroll Deduction is an option that an employee voluntarily chooses to allow the employee to purchase the permit in payments rather than pay the entire amount up front.
- Processing Fee/Service Charge
A service fee will be charged for refunding (processing) excess permit payments upon return of permit and will follow the approved fee structure. Fees are listed on the Parking Services website.
- Permits Not Returned
Permit holders are responsible for turning in a permit that will not be used.
Permits brought for refund following an extended personal/emergency leave do not qualify for a retro-active refund. Unused quarters left on the permit will be refunded. Permit refund balances are calculated from the date the permit was returned to Parking Services.