360.650.3911 or 911
For police assistance in emergency situations and crimes that are in progress.
Non-Emergency Services 360.650.3555
Report a Crime
All Western community members and guests are encouraged to promptly report criminal incidents, suspicious activity and emergencies to University Police. Don't assume that someone else has reported the incident. Any delay in reporting a crime greatly reduces the chances of apprehending the offender.
If it is an emergency, dial 911.
Emergency Police “Blue Light” (call boxes) are situated along pathways and in parking lots throughout campus to quickly reach University Police to report crimes, suspicious activity, medical emergencies or concerns about your personal safety.
As available / applicable, be prepared to provide University Police with the following information:
- Person's last known location and direction of travel.
- Description of the offender including gender, race, age, height, weight, hair color, tattoos, scars, etc.
- What made the person's actions suspicious?
- Did the person say anything? If so, what?
- Did the person appear intoxicated?
- Were any weapons displayed or was there threat of a weapon?
- If a vehicle is involved, the vehicle make, model, color and license plate number.