President, April Markiewicz
Vice-President, Pete Lockhart
Secretary, Jon Junell
Business and Financial Affairs Rep, Nancy Phillips
Academic Affairs Rep, Chris Casquilho
Academic Affairs Rep, Marlene Harlan
Enrollment and Student Services Rep, Stephen Magnuson
Enrollment and Student Services Rep, Chris Miller
President's Office/University Relations/University Advancement Rep, Fran Maas
At-Large Rep, Bruce Boyer
HR Ex Officio, Chyerl Wolfe-Lee
Past-President, Paul Mueller
Click on Contact Us at left to obtain e-mail, phone and mail stop information
What are the Executive Committee's current activities?
The PSO Executive Committee has been currently working on the following activities:
- Working on the PSO Compensation Review Plan.
- PSO Climate Survey.
- Reviewing and revising the PSO Handbook and Constitution.
- Disseminating budget and planning information to professional staff.
- Monitoring re-organization and layoff procedures for professional staff.
- Planning for upcoming General Meetings for the membership.
- Updating the PSO website and listserv.
- Overseeing the activities of PSO Standing Committees and Work Groups*, including:
- Salary and Benefits
- Membership and Outreach
- Communication and Engagement
- *PSO Elections Committee
- *Complaint Appeals Committee (CAC)
The PSO Executive Committee conducted a climate survey of its membership in February 2014 to focus on a few specific topics, including work conditions, compensation/benefits, and PSO member services/representation. The goals and objectives of the survey were to:
- Identify questions and/or concerns the professional staff may have.
- If appropriate and feasible, have the PSO Executive Committee find solutions/answers to any concerns/questions identified and communicate them to the PSO membership.
- Use the results as a means to focus advocacy, raise awareness of resources available to professional staff, communicate policies, procedures, training, etc. mandated by the university that specifically affects professional staff, and provide a means by which the PSO Executive Committee can serve its members in a clearly defined leadership role.
- Provide specific information that can be utilized by the newly formed PSO Standing Committees to serve the PSO membership better.
PSO Compensation Review Plan
The PSO Executive Committee has been working in partnership with Human Resources to develop an objective compensation review plan, using best practices, that determines fair and equitable compensation for all PSO members. Plan attributes will include a fair and flexible process for sound compensation decisions, transparency and identifying appropriate compensation data resources.
Salary & Budget Info
The PSO Executive Committee is monitoring state and University salary and budget concerns and how it may impact members of PSO.
- Western's 2013-15 Biennial Operating Budget Request
- Other Washington 4-Year Higher Ed Budget Requests
- Salary Funding History (All Employees)
- Salary Funding History (PSO)
- What a $40k salary looks like with and without COLA since 2007 (This comparison courtesy of a PSO member)
- Procedures for Position Reviews and Title Changes For Professional Staff at Western (A review for an increase in salary for a professional staff position)
- President's Budget Messages
- University Budget Office
- University Planning and Resource Council
- Academic Coordinating Commission
- State Budget Information
- State Legislature Website
- State Governor's Website
University of Washington's Q&A on Unionization for Professional Staff.