Sample Questions to ask a Program Officer
- Does the project fall within your priorities?
- Do you expect the average award size to differ from last year?
- How much money is allocated to this program?
- How much money will be available for new awards?
- Will any special criteria be used?
- Does the program provide continuation funding in future years?
- What is the anticipated application/award ratio?
- Are there any unannounced programs in my area?
- What are the most common mistakes made?
- What would you like to see addressed that other applicants overlook?
- Would you review a pre-proposal or concept paper?
- Would you review a draft proposal?
- Can you provide or refer us to a previously funded proposal?
- How will the proposals be reviewed?
- How much technical expertise will the reviewers have?
- What percent of your awards are made to unsolicited proposals?
- Can you provide a copy of the review form?
Western Washington University