Mission of Research and Sponsored Projects
We provide guidance and resources to faculty, staff, and students who are developing proposals for research, scholarly and creative activities that are internally and/or externally supported. We also support the development of other externally sponsored administrative programs. We provide information on funding opportunities from federal, state, and private‐sector sponsors. We coordinate all pre‐award activities, external proposal submissions, and the intellectual property development process. We collaborate with Business and Financial Affairs and other offices responsible for post‐award management to ensure that grant‐funded activities are implemented effectively and that Principal Investigators are knowledgeable of mandatory policies and procedures. We formulate and execute research‐related policies and procedures for WWU.
- Customized external funding searches, based on individual and/or group research interests
- Facilitation of networking and communications with sponsoring agency program managers
- Personalized assistance with proposal development, including review of sponsors’ guidelines, budget development, proposal assembly, and submission of completed proposals
- Workshops and training on all aspects of proposal development and grants management
- Assistance with post‐award procedures
- Development of undergraduate and graduate student research opportunities
- Guidance on intellectual property development and technology transfer procedures
Deadlines for Externally Funded Proposals (recommended to ensure maximum level of assistance from RSP staff)
- Prospective applicants interested in responding to a call for proposals should contact the RSP staff at least 30 calendar days prior to the submission deadline.
- All proposals being submitted to external funding agencies must include a signed WWU Proposal Routing Form and should be transmitted to RSP at least 10 working days prior to the submission deadline.
- Anyone who is planning to submit a proposal to an external funding agency should contact RSP as soon as possible so we can offer better assistance throughout the proposal development and submission processes.