Call for Proposals (CLOSED)
Call for Proposals is now CLOSED
Sessions are groups of presentations that are organized around a unified topic. We encourage proposals for three types of sessions: Special Sessions, Regular Sessions and Panel/Round-table Discussions.
Proposals should identify 2-4 co-organizers and include an informative session title and a short description of the session. (See additional details below.) One of the session co-chairs should be identified as the session’s lead contact for the conference organizers.
All session types will be open to invited and contributed speakers. The three types of sessions:
- Special sessions intentionally address emerging or integrative topics in science, policy, or management, or incorporate the 2014 Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference theme of a shared responsibility by individuals and communities of all sectors in the recovery and sustainability of the Salish Sea. We encourage co-leadership in these sessions, with session organizers coming from 2 or more different sectors or institutions. Co-leaders should be indicated in the proposal. Proposals for special sessions should be accompanied by a list of prospective speakers and tentative presentation titles or topics, to allow the conference committee to evaluate interest in the proposed session. Read more fully about Special Session Themes.
- Regular sessions will comprise more discipline-specific content, with no requirement of co-leadership. See the recommended Regular Session Themes.
- Panel Discussions. We also encourage submissions for panel discussions, which should be proposed in the same manner as a special session, but with fewer solicited oral presentations in order to reserve time for panel discussion following some presented content. Names of co-organizers and confirmed panelists should accompany the submission. We also welcome round-table discussions and other group meetings in available rooms at the Washington Convention Center, primarily during the lunch break each day.
Proposals will be reviewed and proposers will be notified of the decision by 1 November 2013.
Guidelines for Session Submissions
Session are to be submitted via Microsoft Conference Management Toolkit abstract submission site. (Please note, you will need to sign up as a new user to begin the submission process.) At least two co-chairs that plan to attend the meeting are required. Session titles should be 256 characters or less. Session descriptions should be limited to 2000 characters and should not exclude participants based on their affiliation or funding sources.
Once a session is accepted, session organizers should solicit abstract submissions to their session. Sessions will be scheduled by the Conference Committee. Once a session is set with a specific list of presentations, those designated for poster and oral presentations will be determined by the organizers.
If you have questions about the scientific program, including technical or content questions, please contact
- Tracy Collier, Conference Co-Chair, email@example.com
Or members of the 2014 Salish Sea Steering Committee.
For practical and logistical information about the meeting, including if you encounter any difficulties using the abstract submission system please contact:
- Elliott Smith, Conference Administrator, Elliott.Smith@wwu.edu 360-650-4871