- (360) 383-3200
Training is a great means to improving business skills and taking advantage of the latest business tools. The business training program creates access to business theory, amongst other topics.
Several local institutions can be utilized to acquire business concepts, technical expertise, and analytical skills that will ultimately lead to a better run business.
Launch & Build Your Business
Training program for business owners and entrepreneurs.
Topics to be Covered Include
- Business basics
- Market analysis
- Marketing strategy
- Basic business numbers
- Obtaining financing
- Building the right team
- Utilizing the web
- Cash flow
- Pitching your plan to potential partners and investors
Starting a New Business?
- Learn the fundamentals of running a business and develop a complete business plan
Growing your Existing Business?
- Build a business plan for growth and network with other business owners
- Learn or Review the basics of running a business
- Write a complete business plan in LivePlan Business Plan Software
- Network with local business owners and professionals
Registration Fee Includes
- Enrollment in Palo Alto Software’s Start, Run & Grow Your Business Curriculum
- Six roundtables, held twice-per-month, including three interviews with local, successful entrepreneurs
- Six-month subscription to Business Plan Pro’s LivePlan
- Three textbooks; The Art of the Start, Three Weeks to Startup, and The Plan as You Go Business Plan.
- Approved SEAP students also receive six months access to personalized, technical business counseling
Class cost through Whatcom Community College is $239.00
Call (360) 383-3200 or register online.
This program is approved for the Employment Securities Self Employment Assistance Program (SEAP). See more information and eligibility requirements.
Note: You do not have to be in the SEAP program to take this class.
Local Business Training
Whatcom Community College offers a variety of business classes that can be beneficial. Technical training is also available in software such as Quickbooks and Adobe Suite.
Bellingham Technical College hosts several business and management classes in disciplines such as human resource management, project management, and accounting.
Washington State Small Business Development Centers—the SBDC offers proven seminars, workshops, and new online, self-paced webinars designed to build specific skills that you can put to work immediately. We are proud to partner with the several nationally recognized business training organizations.