Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Up to two students may present per poster. Each undergraduate student presenter (and their faculty mentor) will receive an e-invitation to the Scholars Week Banquet.
- All presentations should be aimed at a general audience—the Undergraduate Scholars Poster Session is an opportunity for students to communicate their work to an audience from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Graduate students may be co-presenters with an undergraduate student. However, the poster will not be eligible for the poster competition. Graduate students may be listed as contributing co-authors and this will not affect poster competition eligibility.
- Posters can be up to 30 inches wide x 40 inches high (i.e. portrait style).
- Detailed list of poster guidelines.
- Tips for poster design and presentations.
- Video on how to design an effective poster.
- Posters will be attached to display boards with pushpins (provided).
- Student posters will be on display both days (Wednesday and Thursday) during Scholars Week, but students will only present their poster during their assigned session. The registration form asks students to indicate their preferred time(s) for presenting; however, we cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate their requests.
- Video on effective poster presentations and etiquette.
POSTER PRINTING: You MUST BE REGISTERED for the Undergraduate Scholars Poster Session to print a poster. Schedule your printing appointment as early as possible. Make a printing appointment at the Student Tech Center desk (www.wwu.edu/techcenter) or call 360-650-4300.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org