Instrument Center instrumentation can be reserved online using Facilities Online Manager (FOM). Once a user creates an account with FOM they will be able to:
- make online reservations for instrumentation
- schedule instrument training
- communicate with SciTech staff
Instruments may be reserved during our regular operating hours, Monday- Friday 8 am-5 pm. All after hour reservations are subject to approval by SciTech staff.
Creating User Account on FOM
- Use link at the top of this page (green Online Instrument Reservation button). This will take you to the WWU portal for FOM.
- Select “Click here to login with WWU ID if you are a member of WWU”. A WWU Universal Login page will open. Enter your Western credentials here.
- Fill out the User Registration form and select submit.
- After submitting the User Registration form, you will receive a message asking you to enter your budget/account number and title of account. SciTech does not charge for services (all rates are set to $0/hr) but you still need to enter a budget/account code. Enter any number you like into this field.
- Once you have entered the required budget information select “User Home" from the navigation panel on the left. This will take you the User Home page where you will see a list of Available Instruments on the right. Registration is not complete until you apply to use an instrument. Select the desired instrument(s) from the list on the right. Only apply for those instruments you intend use. Note: If the account warning window persists, log out of FOM and log back in and then go to the User Home page.
- A message will be sent to SciTech staff and your account activated. Once activated you will see the requested instrument names listed on the left side of the User Home page.
Why am I asked for an account code?
The charge back feature of the software cannot be disabled even though SciTech does not charge for services (all rates are set to $0/hr).
I am getting a lot of automated emails from FOM, how do I change my email prefrences?
You can change email preferences by selecting "My Profile" from the navigation pane on the left. Email settings are in the User Preferences section. You cannot disable the 24hr advanced notice of instrument reservation. This is set at an administrative level.
How do I make the advertisement in the upper right go away?
You can change this setting by selecting " My Profile" from the navigation pane on the left. Deselect the "Show Handy Links" box in the User Preferences section.
Why can't I make same day reservations?
Reservations made less than 24 hrours in advance must be made by contacting SciTech staff directly.