Six Questions on the Future of Western
Thank you for your interest in President Shepard’s "Six Questions." Now that the campus has had an opportunity to respond to them, those responses are here collected for review and further reflection. President Shepard will be discussing these responses during his 2014 Opening Convocation address with the hope that the dialogue on these important strategic issues will continue as we work to maintain and enhance Western’s excellence.
Please Read: The President's 2013 Convocation Speech
To read responses to the Six Questions collected over the 2013-2014 Academic Year, please click on the questions below.
- What should be our responses to the changing demography of Washington high school graduates?
- What can we at WWU do to address issues of affordable access to a quality education?
- How do we make sure that in future years “we are not as white as we are today?”
- What should our approach be to meeting educational needs off our campus?
- How is WWU going to play in a future where leading universities, of necessity, are globally engaged universities?
- What, in the years ahead, are to be the roles of the liberal arts and sciences at WWU?