Participating in Student Outreach Services provides you with a network of support services that include:
- Advisors who get to know YOU
- Creation of individualized academic plans
- Helping you set goals that you can achieve
- Teaching helpful time management and study skills
- Access to student activities and leadership opportunities
- Community, campus & cultural events
- Connecting you with others who share your experience of being new to Western
Whether your challenge is choosing a major, personal struggle, or transitioning to the college environment, we are here to help! Working with students on a one-on-one basis, we will work with you to determine the steps necessary for success.
Drop-In Advising Support
When you don't have time for appointments, we also have drop-in hours for those quick questions and answers. Come by anytime between 3:00-4:00pm, Monday through Friday, to see a Drop-In Academic Support Coordinator.
Drop-In advising works great for questions ranging from academics and financial aid to personal issues and beyond. We encourage scheduled appointments to address more in-depth topics, such as your academic plan of study. Drop-In hours operate on a first-come, first-served basis.
Student Outreach Services serves first generation, multicultural and non-traditional students and engages students in personalized academic coaching, peer mentoring and specialized programs using a global and multicultural focus to support student persistence and academic achievement.
Student Outreach Services is an integrative unit with the Ethnic Student Center and the LEADS Program.