Classes and Workshops
EDUC 108 – Purposeful Learning
EDUC 108 is a two-credit course designed to help college students understand the process of adult learning (also known as Andragogy) and be familiar with strategies that enhance student learning in a scholarly context so that they can become better prepared for academic success in a university setting.
Throughout the course, students will gain a better understanding of themselves as learners, reflect on past educational experiences and plan for academic short-term and long-term future goals.
Course Goals: Upon completion of the class, students will:
- Appreciate themselves as unique learners with individual learning styles
- Utilize study strategies that are conductive to their individual learning styles
- Recognize personal strengths and weaknesses related to academic success
- Construct effective study skills to ensure success with academic tasks
- Develop valuable time-management abilities to aid with planning and prioritizing
- Be aware of available resources to assist and improve learning and academic success
- Comprehend university policies and their importance to ensure continued academic success
Instructor permission is required to register for EDUC 108.
HB 1079: Undocumented Students