Learn and laugh together at Fall Family Open House
WWU's Fall Family Open House Oct. 22 to 24 offers music, comedy, art, sports, and academic presentations to give families a chance to reconnect and experience life at WWU.
"Fall Family Open House is a great way for parents to come back to campus and visit after students have had some time to adjust to academic life," says Kim Oesterling, Family Outreach Manager.
Go to www.nssfo.wwu.edu to learn more about the weekend's schedule and to reserve your spot for events such as:
- An evening of improvisational comedy by Ryan Stiles and Friends. The star of "Whose Line is It Anway?" and "The Drew Carey Show" will perform with the troupe from his Bellingham improv club, the UpFront Theatre.
- A wine-and-cheese reception in the Western Gallery, featuring wines from California and Washington state and the installation "Spellbinding Beauty: Selections from the Lehmann African Art Collection."
- A raffle to benefit student scholarships. Prizes include a night in the Hotel Bellwether's Lighthouse Suite, the Fairhaven Village Inn, and other inviting prizes.
- Student athletic events in cross country, soccer and volleyball.
- Sailing Bellingham Bay on the 65-foot Shawmanee's "Chowder Charter" cruise.
- Performances by pianist Di Wu and the First Wave Hip Hop Theatre Ensemble.
Fall Family Open House also provides a chance to explore academic life at WWU. Examples include:
- A look at how WWU's Wilson Library is evolving to meet the needs of today's students and ensure their academic success.
- A Campus Fair featuring faculty and students from many academic departments.
- Departmental Open Houses showcasing faculty and research throughout campus.
- Thought-provoking presentations highlighting some of WWU's best faculty, research and programs.