Don't miss Back 2 Bellingham Alumni and Family Weekend
Back 2 Bellingham includes a reception in
Now in its second year, Back 2 Bellingham Alumni and Family Weekend is Western's biggest annual campus celebration, with more than 100 reunions, tours, academic presentations and other opportunities for families to spend time with their students.
The registration deadline is coming up. Register by May 6 at nssfo.wwu.edu/b2b/.
"There's no better weekend to connect with your student and enjoy campus and the surrounding area," says Anna Carey, director of New Student Services/Family Outreach.
Highlights of the weekend will include:
- Welcoming remarks by WWU President Bruce Shepard.
- Open houses and presentations by academic departments across campus, including "classes without quizzes."
- Spring into Western: Admissions Campus Showcase with special offerings for prospective students and their families.
- Stargazing shows at Western's Planetarium.
- Off-campus adventures such as sailings and kayak tours on Bellingham Bay and kayaking and canoeing at WWU's Lakewood recreation center on Lake Whatcom.
- A golf tournament at North Bellingham Golf Course supporting student scholarships and WWU club sports.
- Many kid-friendly offerings, including student performances of "The Jungle Book," and supervised fun sponsored by Woodring College of Education, the College of Fine and Performing Arts and Western Student Education Association.
Student events include the
Hui 'O Hawai'i Luau
The Back 2 Bellingham Golf
Tournament benefits scholarships
and club sports.
Both the colleges of Fine and Performing Arts and Business and Economics will celebrate their 35th anniversaries during the weekend. And the Vehicle Research Institute will mark its own 35th anniversary with an open house and A ve of its student-built cars on display.
The Ethnic Student Center will also celebrate its 20-year history with a reunion barbecue.