Join us for Back2Bellingham Alumni and Family Weekend
WWU University Communications Intern
For months, your student has been gushing about all the exciting things Western has to offer – from its picturesque location next to Bellingham Bay to the amazing achievements of its students and faculty.
On May 18-20, join your student and other Western families at Western's biggest annual celebration, Back2Bellingham Alumni and Family Weekend. The three-day event is filled with tours, academic presentations and dozens of other opportunities for families and their students to reconnect and share the Western Experience.
"Back2Bellingham is always a great way to highlight students' leadership and involvement on campus, and also for families to spend time with their students and learn about Western," said Anna Carey, director of New Student Services/Family Outreach.
Make sure to register on the Back2Bellingham website by May 11 to reserve your spot for $10 (note that some events cost extra). Check for additional event costs and register at www.back2bellingham.com
Highlights of the weekend will include:
- A production of "Rent," by the Department of Theatre and Dance
- A commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Memory Walk.
- Classes Without Quizzes: Popular professors will lecture on fascinating topics.
- Party in the Library: Gather in the Harry Potter room for food, beverages, live jazz, and networking for students, parents and alumni.
- A golf tournament at North Bellingham Golf Course benefitting student scholarships.
- The Dead Parrots Society: Enjoy an evening of laughs with the 2011 National College Improv Tournament champions.
- Lunch on Old Main Lawn, featuring the Prime Time Band.
- 12th Annual Ridin' Low in the 3-6-0 Lowrider Show.
- Hui 'O Hawaii Student Luau.
- Breakfast Cruise on the Bay: A relaxing narrated cruise aboard the 60-foot Viking Star.
- Red Square Carnival, with kid-friendly attractions such as a bouncy castle, obstacle course, 27-foot slide, touch tank and more.
- Downtown Bellingham Bash: Boundary Bay Brewery and Bistro will have a special B2B Barbecue with live music featuring Bellingham's popular SpaceBand.
So bring comfortable shoes, don't forget the camera, and come find out what it means to be a Viking.