Summer programs for youth are heating up at WWU
Western offers a wide variety of programs for younger students during the summer, from sailing to theatre to a sneak preview of college life.
Here's a sampling, for those already making plans for the summer.
A hands-on educational enrichment program for students entering grades four through nine. Through classes, field trips, lab experiments and interactive activities, kids immerse themseves in topics such as video production, entrepreneurship, space exploration and field biology. The courses build upon skills learned during the school year, while providing a fun environment and camaraderie that comes from attending classes with like-minded youth. Learn more here.
- Grandparents "U" for ages 7 to 14 and their grandparents.
- Global Connections, (grades 4-6) a multicultural experience with academic enrichment and field trips with students visiting from South Korea.
- Western Kids Camp (grades K-6).
- Lakewood Jr. Sailing Camp (ages 11-18).
- Western Arts Preparatory Academy offering programs in dance, music, art and theatre (grades 1-12).
- Summer Youth Theatre Institute (grades 1-12).
- Viking Sports Campus, offering skills sessions in basketball, volleyball, softball and soccer to boys and girls from elementary to high school.