Make plans to reconnect with your student at Fall Family Open House
Fall Family Open House will include a talk by
Jeffrey Brown, PBS Newshour Senior
Correspondent, presenting “Election
2012-Where We Stand in the U.S.”
October’s annual Fall Family Open House includes a variety of events to illustrate student life on campus – and it’s a great chance to reconnect with students a month after classes start.
Fall Family Open House Friday, October 26 through Sunday, October 28 will include:
- Jeffrey Brown, PBS Newshour Senior Correspondent, who will present “Election 2012-Where We Stand in the U.S.” in the Performing Arts Center. Brown has served in a variety of roles at NewsHour, including arts correspondent and senior producer. He’s the winner of an Emmy, five Cine Golden Eagle Awards and other honors.
- Planetarium shows.
- A Wine & Cheese Reception in the Western Gallery, with a raffle to benefit student scholarships.
- A tour of Western's Outdoor Sculpture Collection.
- Lectures by some of Western’s favorite faculty members and departmental open houses.
- ColorMAD, a multimedia, interdisciplinary study of color at the Western Gallery.
- Western Fall Welcome, a day-long event for prospective students to experience college life. Learn more.
- Women's Basketball exhibition game: WWU vs. University of British Columbia.
- Women's Soccer: WWU vs. Seattle Pacific University.
- Filipino American Student Association Heritage Dinner.
- A Campus Fair highlighting academics and activities at Western.
Have something to donate for a raffle prize? Contact Family Outreach Program Manager Lisa Moulds at (360) 650-3847 or lisa. email@example.com.