Back 2 Bellingham is Western's biggest campus event
The Annual Hui 'O Hawai'i Luau is part of Back 2 Bellingham. WWU File Photo by Dan Berman|WWU University Communications intern.
Leave room on your calendar May 18 to 20 for Western’s biggest campus gathering, Back 2 Bellingham Alumni and Family Weekend.
Back 2 Bellingham offers three days of reunions, performances, social gatherings, “classes without quizzes” and other events showcasing the academic, social and cultural life of Western.
Here are a few of the dozens of events planned:
- Student events and performances such as the Department of Theatre and Dance’s production of “Rent,” the annual Hui ‘O Hawai’i Luau and the Low Rider Show.
- A celebration of the of sciences and technology at Western, with opportunities to conduct experiments, listen in on a lecture and meet students and professors from Western’s award-winning programs.
- Party in the Library, a Back 2 Bellingham tradition with food, beverages and live music in the Wilson Library Reading Room.
- A commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Memory Walk, one of Western’s oldest traditions.
- Get off campus with a golf tournament at North Bellingham Golf Course, sailing and kayak trips on Bellingham Bay and other off-campus events.
- Kids’ activities featuring Western’s award-winning Compass 2 Campus student mentors giving kids 8 and up a personalized view of the Western experience.
More events are in the works. Watch Back to Bellingham take shape at www.back2bellingham.com.