Alumni and Students Host Back2Bellingham Bash
By Branden Griffith
Intern, WWU University Communications and Marketing
At Western, we know that there is something special about our students, faculty, alumni and staff. And if you have ever been here you probably know that we love to show it off.
From Friday, May 17 through Sunday, May 19, we plan to do just that at Western’s biggest annual celebration, Back2Bellingham Alumni and Family Weekend. For three days you can participate in tours, excursions and live entertainment for all ages, plus many more activities throughout the weekend. Back2Bellingham will also serve as a reunion for Western’s Woodring College of Education.
Registration will be $12, and includes admission to many of the following events:
- Barbecue lunch on Old Main Lawn with the Prime Time Band.
- WWU choirs’ Spring Choral Concert.
- Student theatre performance of “Soapbox,” an original production devised by WWU students.
- Improv comedy by Western’s award-winning student group Dead Parrots Society.
- The 16th annual Hui ‘o Hawai’i Luau & 13th annual MEChA Low Rider Show
- Red Square Carnival with bouncy houses, live bands, face painting, Shannon Point Marine Center touch tanks and more
- Junior Viking Blast Pass – kids age 8 and older can spend the day with a college student from the Compass 2 Campus program.
- Kids athletic camps.
- Classes without Quizzes.
- Campus and community tours on bike and foot.
- “Dancing,” a presentation by world traveler Matt Harding, known for his YouTube video that went viral.
- A Party in the Library! Sponsored by Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro.
- Downtown Bellingham Bash at Boundary Bay.
Registration for Back2Bellingham opens April 1 at www.back2bellingham.com. You can sign up now to receive an email reminder when registration opens.
Make sure you don’t miss this event where the entire community of students, family, alumni and community members join together for Western’s biggest party of the year.