Requesting Research or Teaching Space

Research or teaching space at the Shannon Point Marine Center is available for use by WWU Faculty/Staff, Visiting Scientists, students, or guests of the University on a space-available basis. To request space please complete the Facilities Use Application to begin the process. Once we have received your application you will be contacted to discuss specific details. To request use of the Residential Facilities please complete the housing application as well. Prior to submitting the application(s) please review the information regarding our rates and fees. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application materials as soon as possible. Questions regarding the application process or about the facilities may be directed to the individual(s) indicated below.

SPMC Contacts

General Facilities Use Questions

Gene McKeen

Questions about:


Facilities Use Application
Housing Application
Annual Registration Form
Skippered Vessel Request Form
Vehicle Registration Form

Page Updated 11.27.2017