Student Technology Fee
These laptops in the Mac Pro Library were upgraded with 2011 Student Tech Fee monies earmarked for computer lab upgrades. They are available for checkout in HH 114, ATUS Equipment Loan. The original STF grant was from 2006.
The Student Technology Fee supports the acquisition of technology to enrich students' academic experience.
Student Technology Fee 2014-2018 Overview
The current Student Technology Fee is $35 (full-time students) or $17 (part-time students). Funding is dedicated to the following purposes:
- $14.00 for computer lab renewal and replacement
- $6.00 for the Microsoft Student Advantage (a licensing/software package)
- $4.00 for the Student Technology Center
- $4.00 for wireless network renewal and replacement
- $3.00 for Tech Inititatives (previously the STF proposals)
- $2.00 for virtual computer labs and U: drive upgrades
- $2.00 for a print quota with 40 prints per quarter
How did the current fee come about?
During fall quarter 2012, the Associated Students (AS) Board of Directors appointed a committee to consider the amount and uses of a new Student Technology Fee recommendation to be voted upon by the student body in spring 2013. The referendum had the following results:
- The referendum passed with a 78% majority.
- The new (current) Student Technology Fee became $35.00 per quarter for students with 6 credits or more, and $17.50 per quarter for students with 1 to 5 credits.
- The fee is effective for five years, and then will be subject to renewal.
Tech Initiatives Proposals, AY 2018
$3 of the $35 Student Tech Fee is for the Tech Inititatives projects, which are determined through a proposal process. This represents approximately $125,000 in projects for the current academic year. The process includes two phases: initial abstracts and full proposals.