- New major pairs sustainability and business
A new business and sustainability major will be available at Western Washington University in the fall, combining business courses with environmental interests.
- Nominations open for Western Sustainability Awards
- Guest Column: Divestment is a course of action
We disagree with the implication that challenging the political stranglehold of the fossil fuel industry is less impactful than making modest reductions...
- Bike to School day returns to Whatcom County
The 16th annual Bike to Work and School Day is on May 17.
- Tuesday's accident sparks conversation about bike safety
Carol Berry, coordinator for Sustainable Transportation, said both motorists and bicyclists need to stay alert & watch out.
- Guest Column: Frontline editorial inaccurate, misleading on 10X12 Program
After reading the recent editorial "Divestment is a delusion," I'd like to address some inaccuracies within this opinion piece, starting with...
- From first to nineteenth
Western fell from first to 19th on a list of the top 20 colleges or universities that are the biggest purchasers of renewable energy credits, according to the EPA, which compiled the list.
- David Suzuki Lectures on Sustainability
Popular Canadian environmental activist, broadcaster and geneticist David Suzuki delivered his lecture "Time is Running Out: Ecology or Economics?" Monday, May 6.
- Students speak out against coal train
Amid an audience of 200 people, two Western Washington University students took proactive steps toward raising awareness about the hazards of coal.
- Students continue push for real food
- Frontline: The battle for real food isn't over
The Real Food Commitment, which was approved by 92 percent of student voters, urges Western to shift 30% of our food purchases to "real food"...
- 10x12 results still uncertain: Coordinator gives unofficial results in online comment
Results from one of WWU's Sustainability projects have yet to be officially released, and the program coordinator refuses to comment.
- Support Viking Supported Agriculture
VSA offers students a chance to enjoy the benefits of farm fresh food.
- WWU 19th on EPA Green Energy List of Top Higher Ed. Purchasers of Renewable Power
Western annually offsets 100% of its electrical consumption from green sources.
- Activist speaks about importance of earth elements
David Suzuki spoke about the negative impact of humans on the planet.
- Green Energy Fee Brings Eight New Projects
The Green Energy Fee Committee is in charge of selecting which teams are awarded the grant money, and this year they have selected three large-scale projects and three small-scale projects.