- Students live in efficient resident hall
In honor of Earth Day, 2 WWU students showed off their eco-friendly resident hall.
- Edens/Higginson wins green residence contest
Every winter quarter, the ResRAP Program at WWU holds "Go for the Green".
- Kenmore student helps WWU team wins $10,000 in Environmental Innovation Challenge
Kenmore resident Sarah O’Sell helped a team of six Western Washington University students win $10,000 for their NOVA Solar Window plan...
- Student group demands university divests from fossil fuel
Western currently invests approximately $2.3 million in the fossil fuel industry.
- Students to pay more for on-campus living
A four percent increase in on-campus housing rates starting this fall will help pay for more sustainable food options, keeping residence halls open during breaks, as well as improving dorm safety.
- Students volunteer with Growing Veterans
Students volunteered with Growing Veterans as part of WWU's Volunteer Week.
- Clubs, Environmental and Sustainability Programs prepare for Earth Week
- Greenest residence hall to be honored April 15
3-5pm in the Viking Union Multipurpose Room.
- Outback workshop teaches seed-starting to students
Western students prepare for the spring showers by learning the proper mixture...
- Rain gardens in the works
The construction of 36 rain gardens will help filter water pollution in downtown Bellingham and is set...
- Scientist: Lake Whatcom's problems persist, but are not getting worse
The quality of Lake Whatcom water may have stabilized...
- After 53 'remarkable' years, Mookherjee to retire
In late December, the 12th Asian Urbanization Conference...
- Nonprofits host sustainability workshops, galleries
The weekend of April 4 marked the second year for the Allied Arts of Whatcom...
- New fabric store opens, reuses old material to avoid waste
Ragfinery, a textile recycling center, opened its doors to the public...
- Downtown wins national award
Bellingham’s downtown was recognized as being the eighth best in the nation...
- Outback Farm leaps into spring with planting workshop
Winter is over and the sun is finally out in Bellingham, creating the perfect weather for planting seeds.