- Joel Swisher hired as director of WWU Institute for Energy Studies
- Students continue to push for the WWU Foundation to divest from fossil fuel
The Western Washington University Foundation announced in September it would not end investments in fossil fuel companies, but some students at the university are not willing to accept that stance.
- Bellingham gardeners go back to their community roots
- Western professor studying how butterfly populations reflect global warming
- WWU named an Ashoka U Changemaker Campus
- Bellingham advances in energy prize
The City of Bellingham has advanced to the final stages of a national competition for energy efficiency, which puts it in the running to win a five million dollar grand prize.
- Carbon-rich tidal wetlands down, but not out
- Elwha: A River Reborn' on campus Oct. 6 to Dec. 30
- President Shepard updates Sustainability Advisory Committee on 2014-15 priorities
- WWU Foundation Responds to Request on Fossil Fuels Divestment
- Video Capturing the People's Climate March by BARD MBA student's
- WWU’s Troy Abel to lead NSF-funded climate governance study
- WWU 19th on EPA Green Energy List
- Backyard breeder: Retired Bellingham professor develops promising variety of spring wheat
- Sustainability wall opens in Wilson Library
- Students for Renewable Energy meet with WWU Foundation
- Huxley Spatial Institute develops interactive map of rail lines used to ship crude oil.