Staff can get involved in campus sustainability in a number of ways:
- Get funding for a sustainability project in your area through the Sustainable Action Fund
or send us your ideas on how to make the campus more sustainable.
- Encourage your department to become a part of the Sustainable Office Certification Program.
- Learn about the Sustainability-Related Courses and Degrees that Western offers.
- Walk, bike, ride the bus or share a ride to work to support Sustainable Employee Transportation.
- Become a part of the Western Sustainability Committee.
- Participate in Campus Sustainability Events.
The Sustainable Action Fund (SAF) is a student-initiated, quarterly fee paid by all Western Washington University students to reduce the campus' environmental impact and engage the campus community in environmental awareness.
The SAF Grant Program provides funding to innovative, student-driven projects focused on promoting experiential learning opportunities and sustainable practices at Western Washington University. The SAF Grant Program is managed by the Office of Sustainability and the AS Environmental and Sustainability Programs. Students, staff and faculty are all eligible to apply for grant funding. Projects funded through the SAF Grant Program aim to:
Looking for project ideas? We have a few! Check out our list of Small Project Ideas for some great ideas to get you started.
Sustainable Office Certification reduces costs, protects the environment, conserves resources and promotes fairness, safety and health. The program supports actions and provides a simple way of measuring efforts that happen at the office level. Participating Offices are recognized for their level of achievement, as a way of showing thanks and appreciation for measurement of work well done.
Join The Trend! 45% of WWU employees use an alternative to driving alone to work at least once per week.
The WWU Sustainability Committee was created in April of 2005 to further WWU's strategic goal of campus sustainability. The Sustainability Committee is composed of faculty, staff and students, who share a desire to protect local and global ecology, uphold social equity, create economic vitality, and maintain human health.
Western Sustainability Calendar:
Get Involved In...
- Sustainable Action Fund
- Sustainable Office Certification Program
- Sustainability-Related Courses and Degrees
- Sustainable Employee Transportation
- Western Sustainability Committee
- Campus Sustainability Events