Students can get involved in campus sustainability in a number of ways:
- Learn about the Sustainability-Related Courses and Degrees that Western offers.
- Connect to one of the many student-run Sustainability Clubs and Organizations on campus.
- Participate in Campus Sustainability Events.
- Get funding for a sustainability project through the Green Energy Fee Grant Program or send us
your ideas on how to make the campus more sustainable.
- Walk, bike, ride the bus or share a ride to school to support Sustainable Student Transportation.
- Encourage your college department to become a part of the Sustainable Office Certification Program.
- Become a part of the Western Sustainability Committee.
Would you like to help Western along the road to sustainability or get connected to off-campus organizations? WWU and the Belligham Community hosts many student groups and organizations that promote ecological protection, social equity, human health, and economies that work for people.
Western Sustainability Calendar:
The Green Energy Fee (GEF) is a student-initiated, quarterly fee paid by all Western Washington University students to reduce the campus' environmental impact and engage the campus community in environmental awareness.
The GEF Grant Program provides funding to innovative, student-driven projects focused on promoting experiential learning opportunities and sustainable practices at Western Washington University. The GEF Grant Program is managed by the Office of Sustainability and the AS Environmental and Sustainability Programs. Students, staff and faculty are all eligible to apply for grant funding. Projects funded through the GEF Grant Program aim to:
Looking for project ideas? We have a few! Check out our list of Small Project Ideas for some great ideas to get you started.
The goal is to enable students to live a full college experience without owning a personal vehicle.
Ask your college office to be part of the Sustainable Office Certification Program!
The WWU Sustainability Committee was created in April of 2005 to further WWU's strategic goal of campus sustainability. The Sustainability Committee is composed of faculty, staff and students, who share a desire to protect local and global ecology, uphold social equity, create economic vitality, and maintain human health.
Get Involved In...
- Sustainability-Related Courses and Degrees
- Sustainability Clubs and Organizations
- Campus Sustainability Events
- Green Energy Fee Grant Program
- Sustainable Student Transportation
- Sustainable Office Certification Program
- Western Sustainability Committee