The Miller Hall Renovation Team is being recognized for:
- Gaining the Western's first LEED Gold Certification for a campus building.
- Excellent collaboration between the Office of Facilities Development and Capital Budget and Woodring College of Education.
- Creating a 30% drop in electrcity use and a 40% drop in heating use through this project.
- Team inlcudes: Rick Benner, Ed Simpson, David Willett, Michael Henninger, Carole Morris, and Diana Rosen.
The Energy Savings Company Project Team (ESCO) is being recognized for:
- Creating for the first time at WWU, a campus-wide energy and water conservation project, spanning 28 buildings.
- Creating an annual savings of $230,000 rising to $370,000 annually in ten years.
- Team includes: Greg Hough, Sandy Fugami, Don White, Gary Jordan, Mike Ulrich, Chris Hadley, Gayle Shipley, John Kingsford-Smith, Steve Morrow, William Harrison, Gail Kuromiya, Gary Carlton, Francis Halle, Fred Ramage, Adam Lenard, Martin Reed, Joe SueWing, Honorary team member: Tim Wynn