The WWU Teaching Handbook is an online introduction to resources for teaching both at the University and via the online collective of materials related to best practices. Sources have been cited on relevant pages and are compiled on the References page.
This ad hoc committee formed in April 2011, inspired by a request by Roger Anderson, Chair of the Academic Coordinating Commission. With input from the committee, the CIIA leads the effort to formulate the contents, identify resources, write section introductions, and compile essential elements. With continued outreach to and input by our campus colleagues, this document will continue to morph and expand to incorporate the most appropriate resources representing the unique teaching and learning environment at Western.
This collection is the result of collaboration between the following individuals:
- Roger Anderson, Chair of the Academic Coordinating Commission (ACC) (2010-12)
- Justina Brown, Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment (CIIA)
- Braden Minor, Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment (CIIA grad student 2013-14)
- Marc Ravaris, Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment (CIIA grad student 2011-12)
- Peter Smith, Instruction & Research Services Librarian, Western Libraries
- Kristi Tyran, Associate Professor, Management
- Steven VanderStaay, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Carmen Werder, Director of the Learning Commons