- Writing Instruction Support Program, WWU Libraries.
Explore this excellent resource for creating writing assignments, responding to writers, evaluating writing, editing, and much more. The Writing Instruction Support(WIS) program provides direct assistance to faculty who are teaching writing courses or who incorporate writing into their courses.
- Hacherl Research & Writing Studio, WWU Libraries.
The Writing Center assists faculty in supporting student writing by presenting in-class demonstrations, conducting class-specific workshops, or a doing one-on-one writing conferences.
- Creating a Culture of Writing, Innovative Teaching Showcase 2007-2008, CIIA WWU.
Learn more about how three exemplary faculty members at WWU embed the writing process into their coursework and engage students with quality writing assignments.
- Citation Quick Guides and Style Manuals, WWU Libraries.
Offering Citation Clinics, research specialist support online and by phone, and links/articles for nearly every academic and professional citation style.
Other Online Resources
- Creating Effective Writing Assignments, Online Writing and Communication Center, Massachusetts Institution of Technology.
- Developing Effective Writing Assignments, Diane Boehm, Saginaw Valley State University. Nine things that push for stronger student writing.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (Non-Purdue College Level Instructors and Students). Resource categories include process, rhetoric and logic, different kinds of essay genres, and citation.
- APA (American Psychological Association)
- Quick Reference for APA Citations, Western Libraries, WWU
- APA Formatting and Style Guide, Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- APA (American Psychological Association), Virginia Tech.
- MLA (Modern Language Association)
- MLA Quick Guide, Wilson Library, WWU
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide, Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- MLA (Modern Language Association), Virginia Tech.
- Chicago Manual of Style