Diversity and Inclusive Instruction
IN THIS SECTION
Creating an Inclusive Environment
(See also: the Accessible Instruction section of this handbook)
- Creating Inclusive College Classrooms, Center for Research on Learning and Teaching, University of Michigan.
- Diversity and Complexity in the Classroom: Considerations of Race, Ethnicity, and Gender, Barbara Gross Davis, Tools for Teaching (Jossey-Bass; San Francisco, 1993), via Central Piedmont Community College.
- Diversity and Inclusive Teaching, Center for Teaching, Vanderbilt University.
- Making Classroom Groups Inclusive, Center for Teaching and Learning, University of California Berkeley.
- "Reaching all Students: A Resource for Teaching in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics", Sherrill L. Sellers, Jean Roberts, Levi Giovanetto, Katherine Friedrich, & Caroline Hammargren, The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System. (2007).
- Teaching a Diverse Student Body, Teaching Resource Center, University of Virginia.
- Teaching and Diversity, School of Education, Indiana University.
- Teaching for Inclusion: Diversity in the College Classroom, Center for Teaching and Learning, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Teaching in Radically Diverse College Classrooms, Center for Teaching and Learning, Harvard University.
- Equity and Diversity Quiz, EdChange.org.
- Project Implicit, a project of The Southern Poverty Law Center, Harvard University, the University of Virginia, and the University of Washington.
- Teaching Tolerance Hidden Bias Resources, a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Understanding Prejudice, supplement to Understanding Prejudice and Discrimination by McGraw Hill.
- An Approach for Teaching Diversity, School of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education, University of Wisconsin Whitewater.
- E.D.G.E: Education for Disability and Gender Equity, U.S. Department of Education.
- Incorporating Diversity, Center for Teaching Excellence, Cornell University.
Teaching Media and Social Justice
- Bill Ayers: Teaching and Organizing for Social Justice, University of Oregon.
- Diversity and Social Justice, WWU.
- Minorities, social movements, and the media, Dr. Regina Marchi, Rutgers University.
- Library Guide for Diversity Resources at Western Libraries, WWU.
- Center for Education, Equity and Diversity (CEED), WWU.
See also the curricular examples from the Innovative Teaching Showcase:
Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment, Western Washington University, retrieved from: http://pandora.cii.wwu.edu/cii/resources/teaching_tips/diversity.asp