Graduate Student Support
IN THIS SECTION
In many of the graduate programs at WWU, there are opportunities for graduate teaching assistants to teach, and with that, various support structures within departments and colleges. While recognizing that "local" mentoring should be the most valuable form of support for these new teachers, these online resources may also be useful.
Graduate students are encouraged to participate in the online learning community in Canvas "Graduate Teaching Assistants Resources" (request access).
- Graduate School
- Center for Service-Learning
- Graduate Research and Writing Center
- Student Technology Center
- Testing Center (gradebooks, evals for TAs)
- Technology Training (Canvas, Camtasia, etc.)
- Videos for TAs, from California State Fullerton:
Highlighted Teaching & Learning Resources
- Library Research Consultation
- Quick-Start Essentials
- CIIA's Teaching Tips
- Establishing Working Relationships with Students, University of Arkansas.
- Helping Graduate Teaching Assistants Lead Discussions with Undergrads, University of Arkansas.
- Legal Issues Impacting Classroom Teaching, University of Michigan.
- Overview of Learning Theories, UC Berkley.
- Preparing for Your First Day, University of Arkansas.