Graduate Student Support
IN THIS SECTION
In many of the graduate programs at WWU, there are opportunities for graduate teaching assistants to teach, and with that, various support structures within departments and colleges. While recognizing that "local" mentoring should be the most valuable form of support for these new teachers, these online resources may also be useful.
Join the Community
Graduate students are encouraged to participate in the online learning community in Canvas, "Graduate Teaching Assistants Resources" (log in and then click "Join").
- Graduate School
- Center for Service-Learning - Access to service learning workshops and opportunities to participate
- Graduate Research and Writing Center - Supports the research and writing efforts of WWU's graduate students including one-to-one consultations, thesis partners, events (Bootcamp, Infosesh, & MegaWrites), and online resources
- Student Technology Center
- Testing Center - Gradebooks, evals for TAs
- Technology Training - Canvas, Camtasia, etc.
- Videos for TAs, from California State Fullerton:
Highlighted Teaching & Learning Resources
- Library Research Consultation - Provides support via one-to-one consultations, online chat, Zotero workshops, APA, Databases, Research Clinics
- Quick-Start Essentials
- TLA - Invites students to the SOTL residency (research on teaching and writing)
- WIS - Writing-Research Fellowships, Backwards by Design Annual Retreat, and a space called The Corner - lockers, tea, space for office hours
- CIIA's Teaching Tips - Online teaching tips resources, access to instructional and technology professional development events, graduate teaching assistant teaching Tips and Tricks Orientation
- Establishing Working Relationships with Students, University of Arkansas.
- Helping Graduate Teaching Assistants Lead Discussions with Undergrads, University of Arkansas.
- Legal Issues Impacting Classroom Teaching, University of Michigan.
- Overview of Learning Theories, UC Berkley.
- Preparing for Your First Day, University of Arkansas.