- Academic Integrity (Teaching Handbook)
- Creative Commons and Public Domain Resources, CIIA.
- Plagiarism Policies & Guidelines @ WWU, Western Libraries.
- Student-Centered Syllabus (Teaching Handbook)
- Syllabus Guidelines (Teaching Handbook).
Building Classroom Community
- 10 Effective Classroom Management Techniques Every Faculty Member Should Know, The Teaching Professor, Magna Publications. Various articles covering different strategies to set up a classroom culture from day one.
- Classroom Management, Lisa Rodriguez, University of La Verne. Fantastic overview of clasroom management with tips on connecting with students and helping them learn to be successful in college.
- Creating Classroom Connections, a recorded workshop by Dr. Joseph Trimble, Western Washington University CIIA Online Video Module.
- Diversity & Inclusion, Karen L. Smith Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning, University of Central Florida. Includes best practices for managing the physical environment of the space.
- Establishing Rapport: Personal Interaction and Learning, Neil Fleming, Idea Paper 39, The Idea Center.
- The Civil Classroom in the Age of the Net, P.M. Forni, John Hopkins University. Why students may act up in the classroom, and solutions to bring calm in the age of the internet.
- Welcoming Students on the First Day, Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Iowa State University. Part of a series of videos related to creating a positive learning environment.
Icebreakers and Team-Building Tools
- Get-Acquainted Team Building Activities, Icebreaker activity ideas, Miami University of Ohio.
- Team Building Resources, resources for introducing students to one another for group work or for an entire small class, Leadership Center, Ohio State University Extension.
- Large Classes: A Teaching Guide: Personalizing the Large Class, Center for Teaching Excellence, University of Maryland.
- Not Quite 101 Ways to Learning Students' Names, Teaching Resource Center, University of Virginia.
Managing Difficult Topics
- Hitting a Nerve: When Touchy Subjects Come Up in Class, Retta E. Poe, Western Kentucky University. Main three teaching challenges, and common topics likely to elicit an emotional response.
- Inclusive Practices for Managing Controversial Issues, Flinders University. Useful strategies and activities, plenty of extra tips.
- Managing Hot Moments in the Classroom, Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning, Harvard University.
Classroom Management (Dealing with Difficult Students)
- All in a Day's Work, Richard M. Felder and Rebecca Brent, Chemical Engineering Education. How to best deal with disruptive and non-disruptive behaviors, and examples of aggressive, passive, and assertive responses.
- Best Practices: Preventing and Managing Challenging Classroom Situations, Deb Wingert and Tom Molitor, University of Minnesota. Large amount of information on mental disorders and illnesses and classroom behavior.
- Classroom Management, Lisa Rodriguez, University of La Verne. Fantastic overview of clasroom management with issues/solutions suggestions table.
- Dealing with Troublesome Behaviors in the Classroom, Mary Deane Sorcinelli, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Establishing Classroom Etiquette and Dealing with Disruption, Office of Student Judicial Affairs, University of California Davis.