Resources at WWU
- Integrity at Western
- Academic Honesty, Registrar's Office.
- Academic Honesty Policy and Procedure, University Catalog.
- Copyright Law and WWU Policy
- Plagiarism Policies & Guidelines @ WWU, Western Libraries.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Code, Office of Student Life.
- The Student's Guide to Avoiding Plagiarism, Sociology Department.
- Understanding & Avoiding Plagiarism handout for students, Western Libraries.
- See also resources at Center for Instructional Innovation & Assessment:
Ethics Code: Washington State
- Ethics in Public Service Act: Use of Persons, Money or Property for Private Gain, Washington State Executive Ethics Board.
- International Center for Academic Integrity, Clemson University, contains articles and resources.
- Plagiarism: What It is and How to Recognize and Avoid It, Indiana University, includes examples and analysis.
Strategies for Promoting Academic Honesty
- Academic Integrity: A Letter to My Students, Bill Taylor, Oakton Community College.
- Anti-Plagiarism Strategies for Research Papers, Robert Harris. Covers ways that professors can be more aware of plagiarism, eight ways to potentially avoid it, and ways to detect it (and clues to look for).
- Creating a Climate of Academic Integrity: Tips to Prevent Cheating, Office of Student Judicial Affairs, University of California, Davis. Includes general preventative steps.
- Creating a Culture of Academic Integrity, Eileen Herteis, Gwenna Moss Teaching and Learning Centre, University of Saskatchwan.
- Defining and Avoiding Plagiarism, Council of Writing Program Administrators. Includes shared responsibilities for faculty.
- Encouraging the Practice of Academic Integrity, University of North Carolina Greensboro. See Appendix A, includes faculty obligations.
- Minimizing Academic Dishonesty, The Center for Teaching and Learning, UC Berkeley. Strategies and classroom techniques.
- Plagiarism and Anti-Plagiarism, Heyward Ehrlich, Rutgers University. Includes possible countermeasures.
- Preventing Academic Dishonesty in Writing: A Guide for Faculty, Academic Achievement Center, Lawrence Technological University. Includes classroom strategies for faculty.
- Promoting Academic Integrity in Online Education, Magna Publications. Report on cheating in the online setting, online proctoring for exams, identity "gifting", and 91 ways to maintain honesty in online courses.
- Tips for Promoting Academic Honesty, Senate Faculty Committee on Academic Honesty, UC Irvine. General information about plagiarism, and how to prevent it in future classes.
- What's Wrong with Cheating?, Michael Bishop, Iowa State University. Essay over the prevalence of cheating in higher education, why it is wrong and who it ultimately hurts, and what professors can do to combat the problem.