- Checklist: Components of a Comprehensive Course Syllabus, Center for Teaching and Learning, University of California Berkeley. Key information for a strong syllabus, broken into twelve key categories.
- Course Syllabus Requirements, CIIA, Western Washington University. (2004) Syllabus requirements for Woodring defined by WWU's Woodring College of education for NCATE review.
- Syllabus Development Tutorial, University of Minnesota. Detailed tutorial includes examples for every section of the syllabus.
- Writing Student Learning Outcomes for Course Syllabi - Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment, University of West Florida.
- See also: Course Planning, Syllabus Essentials
- Example of possible formatting (not course specific), McGraw-Hill Companies.
- Example of a detailed learner-centered syllabus, Santa Barbara City College.
- Student Learning Outcomes and Sample Syllabi, Department of Physics and Physical Oceanography, University of North Carolina Wilmington.
- A Well-Prepared Syllabus Can Have Your BackPraxis, page 2 (From Theory to Practice: Supporting Undergraduate Education at Western Washington University).
- Constructing Legally Sound Syllabi, Faye Hardy-Lucas, Esq., Hampton University General Counsel.
- The Purposes of a Syllabus Jay Parkes and Mary B. Harris, N. Arizona University.