IN THIS SECTION
- 10 Effective Classroom Management Techniques Every Faculty Member Should Know, The Teaching Professor, Magna Publications. Various articles covering different strategies to set up a classroom culture from day one.
- All in a Day's Work, Richard M. Felder and Rebecca Brent, Chemical Engineering Education. How to best deal with disruptive and non-disruptive behaviors, and examples of aggressive, passive, and assertive responses.
- The Civil Classroom in the Age of the Net, P.M. Forni, John Hopkins University. Why students may act up in the classroom, and solutions to bring calm in the age of the internet.
- Classroom Management, Lisa Rodriguez, University of La Verne. Useful "Issues/Solution Suggestions Table."
- Combating Classroom Misconduct (Incivility) with Bills of Rights, Linda B. Nilson & Nancy S. Jackson, Clemson University. Interesting list of student and instructor rights/responsibilities on pages 11-14.
- Diversity & Inclusion, Karen L. Smith Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning, University of Central Florida. Includes best practices for managing the physical environment of the space.
- Establishing Classroom Etiquette and Dealing with Disruption, Office of Student Judicial Affairs, University of California, Davis.
- Inclusive Practices for Managing Controversial Issues, Flinders University. Useful strategies and activities, plenty of extra tips.
- Best Practices: Preventing and Managing Challenging Classroom Situations, Deb Wingert and Tom Molitor, University of Minnesota. Large amount of information on mental disorders and illnesses and classroom behavior.
- Classroom Management: Dealing Effectively with Classroom Disruption, Madison Area Technical College. Includes a video with 21 tips.
- Classroom Management: Dealing with Difficult Students, Counseling Center, Brookhaven College.
- Dealing with Troublesome Behaviors in the Classroom, Mary Deane Sorcinelli, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Hitting a Nerve: When Touchy Subjects Come Up in Class, Retta E. Poe, Western Kentucky University. Main three teaching challenges, and common topics likely to elicit an emotional response.
- Managing Conflict (Scenes from a Classroom), Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Minnesota.
- Managing Hot Moments in the Classroom, Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning, Harvard University.