Writing Links and Information
IN THIS SECTION
- Creating Effective Writing Assignments, Maggie Robertson, College of Staten Island, CUNY. Includes common challenges.
- Developing Effective Writing Assignments, Diane Boehm, Saginaw Valley State University. Nine things that push for stronger student writing.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (Non-Purdue College Level Instructors and Students). Resource categories include process, rhetoric and logic, different kinds of essay genres, and citation.
- Resources at the Writing Instruction Support Program, WWU.
Explore this excellent resource for creating writing assignments, responding to writers, evaluating writing, editing, and much more. The Writing Instruction Support (WIS) program provides direct assistance to faculty who are teaching writing courses or who incorporate writing into their courses.
- Writing Center, WWU. The Writing Center assists faculty in supporting student writing by presenting in-class demonstrations, conducting class-specific workshops, or a doing one-on-one writing conferences.