Information for Faculty
We hope that Student Technology Center support will enable you to incorporate technology into your curriculum in ways that will benefit both you and your students.
An important goal of the Student Technology Center is to assist students with technology in ways that aid their academic pursuits. Communication with faculty is essential to effectively meet this goal. We encourage faculty involvement in helping to define technology services that will advance curricular goals. In addition, if we know your expectations for services such as color printing or video editing, we can have adequate supplies and support available.
Please let us know how we can assist you by emailing email@example.com, calling 650-4300, or submitting our online request form (faculty use only). We will contact you following form submittal to confirm or clarify your request.
Services currently available to faculty include:
Poster, Photo & Color Printing
- With an approved request by the instructor(s), students may print one poster (per class) per quarter, completely free of charge. Individual appointments for printing must be made in advance by the student to receive the print. See Poster Printing
- A high quality photo printer is available on site for student use. Users must provide their own paper, and prints are monitored and limited.
- Color printing is available on site. See Standard & Color Printing
Audio and Video Production
- Audio and video editing software are available in our lab, as well as knowledgeable staff willing to assist with software questions.
- Audio and Video recording and editing suites are available by appointment, as well as a fully equipped presentation room. See Audio/Visual Suites
- Media conversion (VHS, Mini DV, DVD, to DVD) available on site.
- CD & DVD duplication available on site. Materials must be provided by user.
Curricular Software Support:
- In-class technology demonstrations on topics such as showing a PowerPoint slide show, publishing web pages, or using the Blackboard Digital Drop Box.
- Hands-on technology workshops during class time or outside of class time in our labs tailored to specific academic goals. A few past examples include customized InDesign workshops for Journalism students, Web Portfolio workshops for MBA students, PowerPoint workshops for Communication students. See Workshops
- Customized tutoring sessions - let us know about your assignments in advance and we will be ready to assist your students on a one-to-one basis. See Individual Tutoring
- Tech Center Tour - 15 minutes in the Tech Center
- WWU Technology Resources Orientation - 15 minutes in your classroom
- Intro to Tech Center Services - 5 minutes in your classroom