WWU Theatre Arts Scholarships
Departmental Scholarships for 2012-2013
**Submit one application to be considered for all of the scholarships.**
Berta Altose Thal Endowment
This scholarship was established by Sidney R. Thal in memory of his wife, Berta. The scholarship is awarded to students majoring in theatre arts who demonstrate exceptional merit and financial need.
Scholarship amount: $1,000.
Sene and Louella Carlile Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Sene and Loella Carlile and is awarded annually to an outstanding upper-division student majoring in theatre arts.
Scholarship amounts: 1-3 scholarships at a minimum of $500 each.
Theatre Arts Scholarship Endowment
This scholarship, which varies in amount from year to year, is available to theatre arts majors who possess a strong grade point average (minimum 3.0 overall GPA) and have demonstrated excellence in departmental production contributions.
Scholarship amount: $1,000
Margaret Green Siegley Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded to an incoming/new Theatre Arts student either as a transfer, running start or freshman status. Preference will be given, but is not limited to, students wishing to pursue theatrical design and/or management.
Scholarship amounts: 1-2 scholarships at a minimum of $500 each.
* Additional tuition waivers may also be available for the academic year; all completed scholarship application packets will be considered.
To apply for scholarships, please submit the following:
- Resume of theatre experience (what tech work, roles, responsibilities, when, where, under whose direction, etc.) and portfolio as applicable
- One page statement addressing:
- Your academic goals and academic history within the department
- Your post-graduate aspirations
- Your merit for a specified scholarship (i.e. financial need, academic history, contribution to the department)
- Copy of Academic History (must include current grade point average)
Drop your completed scholarship packet off in the Theatre Arts Office (PA 395)
OR Mail submissions to: Western Washington University
Theatre Arts – Scholarship Committee
516 High Street, MS 9108
Bellingham, WA 98225
DEADLINE: Must be received by April 20, 2012.
Awards announced mid to late May.
* please note: these scholarships are separate from College of Fine and Performing Arts scholarships. Apply for CFPA scholarships through the dean’s office*
For more information contact the Department of Theatre and Dance at (360) 650-3876 or email@example.com.