WTA Information and Tips
Beginning March 19, 2017
WTA bus routes will change
For full details visit www.ridewta.com or call 360-676-7433
March 19 route changes for the WWU campus
Getting to/from WWU:
- Bill McDonald Pkwy: Routes 11, 190, 107 and 108
- Happy Valley: Route 14
- Lincoln St: 190 (includes Lincoln Creek Park & Ride, Fred Meyer, Whole Foods, Civic Field)
- 32nd St: Route 11 - travels weekdays when WWU is in session, or, Route 5 with a transfer to/from Route 190 on Bill McDonald Pkwy.
- Samish Way: Routes 107 and 108
- York Neighborhood: Routes 107 and 108
From the Downtown Station, these routes travel through WWU:
- Route 14 (2x per hr)
- Route 107 (1x per hr)
- Route 108 (1x per hr, via Samish Way)
- Route 190 (3x per hr)
From the Viking Union:
- Route 14 - Happy Valley, Fairhaven
- Route 107 - Bill McDonald, Samish, York
- Route 190 - Bill McDonald, Lincoln Street to Lakeway (Fred Meyer, Whole Foods, Civic Field), then reverses direction and travels back through campus. The :46 VU departure also serves Fraser St. and Puget St.
From Haggard Hall:
All buses travel to the Downtown Station via Billy Frank Jr. Street
- Route 14
- Route 108
- Route 190
New 32nd Street routes:
Route 5: travels 1X per hour between Edgemoor (Fairhaven) and Downtown via Old Fairhaven Pkwy, 32nd St. and Lincoln St.
- To get to/from campus, Transfer to the 190 on Bill McDonald Pkwy.
Route 11: travels 1X per hour between 30th St. and WWU via 32nd St. (operates WEEKDAYS only when WWU is in session).
- AM - 30th St. to Haggard Hall, 7:34am - 12:34pm
- PM - Viking Union to 30th St. 11:00am - 9:00pm.
Additional 80X Mt Vernon, and 80X Shuttle service:
80X Mt Vernon:
One weekday roundtrip is added, leaving Downtown Bellingham at 4:15pm, and Skagit Station at 5:30pm.
80X Shuttle departing Viking Union:
Three additional 80X Shuttle trips are added. This service operates only when WWU is in session:
- 80X Shuttle departs the Viking Union at 3:08, 4:08, 5:08 and 6:08pm
- 80X Shuttle departs the Lincoln Creek P&R at 7:23, 8:23 and 9:23 am.
Routes no longer serving the WWU campus as of March 19, 2017:
- 25X Lynden - now served by 15, 26
- 70X Blaine - now served by 75
- 90A&B - now served by 107, 108, 190
- 105 - now served by 5, 11, 190
- 196/197 - now served by 190
How To Plan a Trip on WTA:
How to Ride the Bus
- Familiarize yourself with the bus route and schedule you will be using.
- Plan to be at your stop a few minutes before the bus is expected to arrive; schedules are estimates and your bus may arrive a few minutes earlier or later.
- Have your bus pass or exact fare ready. Drivers cannot make change.
- When the bus approaches, check the route number and destination (shown above the front window) to be sure it is your bus.
- Pull the yellow bell cord above the window to alert the driver you want the next stop.
- Drivers are available to answer any questions you may have about the route and connections.
New To The Bus?
Contact Sustainable Transportation. We can help you get a bus pass, find bus routes and create custom trip plans.
Regional Travel By Bus
For information about regional travel by bus, click here.
Late Night Student Shuttle
For information about the WWU student Late Night Shuttle, click here.