How to Get Involved
There are a number of ways for students to become involved in the student transportation program. For questions or to request more information please contact the AS Alternative Transportation Coordinator at AS.Transportation@wwu.edu.
AS Transportation Advisory Committee (ASTAC)
- ASTAC meets bi-weekly to discuss transportation issues at Western and in the larger community. The committee also proposes solutions to these problems, and maintains a transportation master plan aimed at improving alternative transportation options for students at WWU.
- There are four student at large positions available for students interested in alternative transportation. Students who are not members of the committee are also welcome to attend meetings and provide input.
- Click Here for the ASTAC Charge & Charter
- To learn about ASTAC meeting times or to apply for a student at large position, please contact the AS Alternative Transportation Coordinator at AS.Transportation@wwu.edu or the AS VP for Student Life at ASVP.StudentLife@wwu.edu
The AS Alternative Transportation Fee Committee
- The Alternative Transportation Fee Committee manages the operations and finances of the Western Student Transportation program. The Committee reviews student input, evaluates the program as a whole, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- This committee has two student at large positions. For more information, contact the AS Alternative Transportation Coordinator at AS.Transportation@wwu.edu or the AS VP for Governmental Affairs at ASVP.Gov@wwu.edu.
Check the Student Employment website for periodic employment opportunities including fall bus pass distribution.