Employee Transportation Program
WWU supports employee commute trip reduction (CTR), with a program in compliance with Washington State CTR guidelines. The program goal is to increase the number of employees using options other than driving alone to get to work.
The WWU Transportation Office works together with the Office of Sustainability and Parking Services to provide transportation benefits, services and evaluation.
Emergency Ride Home and Occasional Parking Permits create a"Safety Net" so employees can drive when they really need to, and can get home in case of a family emergency.
The WWU CTR program includes:
- Personal assistance for commuters
- Discounted employee bus passes
- Preferred parking for carpools
- Bike lockers for rent
- Transportation Information Kiosks
- Transportation orientation for new employees
- Safety reflectors for walkers and bikers
- Packet of 10 one-day parking permits for occasional driving
- Parking management and parking fees
- Transportation Information sessions
- Departmental transportation support
WWU provides additional support for CTR with:
- On-site food service, ATM, shopping, fitness center and post office
- Workplace pre-school child care
- Shower and locker facilities in Carver Gym
- Bike Repair shop and bike rental in VU Outdoor Center
WTA provides support for WWU CTR with:
- Frequent bus service to campus
- Emergency Ride Home