Peer Advisor/Academic Success Tutor Job Description
Title: Peer Advisor 2
Reports to: Tutoring Center Assistant Director and Coordinator
Salary: Starts at minimum wage; this pay rate is within the Level 2 pay range as established by the Student Employment Center. .
- Strong GPA in college coursework
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Strong interest in training and skills development
- Ability to work with students one-on-one and in small groups
- Available to work at least 6 hours per week during the academic year.
- Provide academic support during assigned hours
- Perform front desk activities, including scheduling, record-keeping, and tutoring-coordination
- Develop a full working knowledge of academic skills development materials and strategies
- Participate in outreach activities, e.g. presenting information regarding study skills and academic support available from the Tutoring Center and other campus organizations.
- Through courteous, professional behavior, represent the Tutoring Center and support Western students using Tutoring Center services.
- Participate in TC staff meetings and training sessions, including:
- Approximately 2 hours per week of training during fall quarter
- Two full days of training during week one of fall quarter, before classes begin.
- Half-day staff meeting on the first Saturday after fall quarter classes begin