Title: Peer Advisor 2
Reports to: Tutoring Center Assistant Director and Coordinator
Salary: Starts at minimum wage; this pay rate is within the Level 2 pay range as established by the Student Employment Center.
- Strong GPA (preferably 3.0 or higher)
- At least one academic year remaining at WWU
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work with students one-on-one and in small groups
- Available to work at least 6 hours per week during the academic year.
- Provide academic support during assigned hours
- Perform front desk activities, including scheduling, record-keeping, and tutoring-coordination
- Develop a full working knowledge of academic skills development materials and strategies
- Participate in outreach activities, e.g. presenting information regarding study skills and academic support available from the Tutoring Center and other campus organizations.
- Represent the Tutoring Center and support Western students using Tutoring Center services while demonstrating courteous, professional behavior
- Participate in TC staff meetings and training sessions, including:
- Approximately 2 hours per week of training during fall quarter
- Two full days of training during week one of fall quarter, before classes begin.
- Half-day staff meeting on the first Saturday after fall quarter classes begin
- Develop communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work with diverse groups of people and as a member of a cohesive team
- Promote learning strategies to encourage student self-sufficiency
- Engage in professional career development