Peer Advisor/Academic Success Tutor Job Description
Title: Peer Advisor 2
Reports to: Tutoring Center Assistant Director and Coordinator
Salary: Starting at $9.19, Level 2 pay range as established by the Student Employment Center.
- Strong GPA in college coursework
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility with regard to work environment
- Open to training and skills development
- Ability to work with students one-on-one and in small groups
- Available to work 6 to 14 hours per week
- Provide academic support during assigned hours.
- Perform front desk activities, including scheduling, record-keeping, and tutoring-coordination.
- Develop a full working knowledge of academic skills development materials and strategies.
- Participate in outreach activities, e.g. presenting information regarding study skills and academic support available from the Tutoring Center and other campus organizations.
- Through courteous, professional behavior, represent the Tutoring Center and support Western students using Tutoring Center services.
- Participate in Tutoring Center staff meetings and training sessions.
- Identify and support the mission of the Tutoring Center
- Increase leadership abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Improve problem-solving skills through improved subject knowledge
- Improve communication skills and develop strategies to improve student self-sufficiency
- Improve general learning skills