Subject Tutor Job Description
Position Description: Peer Subject Tutor
Reports to: Tutoring Center Coordinator
Salary: Starting wage is $9.19 per hour. This pay rate is within the level II pay range as determined by the Student Employment Center.
- Strong GPA in tutoring application area (3.0 or better in subject area)
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable to high-paced work environment
- Openess to training and skills development
- Ability to work one-on-one and in small groups
- Availability to work 10 to 14 hours per week
- Staff the TC as a content tutor during assigned hours.
- Develop a full working knowledge of all information required to tutor in specialty.
- Participate in TC staff meetings and training sessions.
- Participate in outreach tutorial activities, and provide appropriate referrals to related campus resources.
The TC currently offers tutoring for the following courses:
- Chemistry 101, 121-123, 251, 351-353
- Economics 101, 206, 207
- Math 99 – 118, 156, 157, 240
- Philosophy 102
- Physics 101, 114-116, 161-163