Subject Tutor Job Description
Position Description: Peer Subject Tutor
Reports to: Tutoring Center Coordinator
Salary: Starting wage is $9.32 per hour. This pay rate is within the level II pay range as determined by the Student Employment Center.
- Strong GPA in tutoring application area (3.0 or better in subject area)
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptability with regard to a high-paced work environment
- Openness to training and skills development
- Ability to work with students one-on-one and in small groups
- Availability to work at least 6 hours per week during 2014-2015 academic year
- Availability to attend approximately 2 hours per week of training during fall quarter
- Availability to attend two full days of training prior to the start of fall quarter (September 23rd and 24th) and a half-day staff meeting on Saturday, September 27th
- Staff the TC as a content tutor during assigned hours.
- Develop a full working knowledge of all information required to tutor in specialty.
- Participate in tutorial outreach activities, and provide appropriate referrals to related campus resources.
The TC currently offers tutoring for the following courses:
- Chemistry 101, 121-123, 251, 351-353
- Economics 101, 206, 207
- Math 99 – 118, 156, 157, 240
- Philosophy 102
- Physics 101, 114-116, 161-163