Western Crossing Development Annual Meeting
May 4, 2016
Port of Bellingham, Mt. Baker Room
Board Members in attendance:
Glenn Butler, President; Board Member
Rob Fix, Treasurer; Executive Director, Port of Bellingham
Bruce Shepard, Board Member; President, WWU
Dan Robbins, Vice President; Port Commissioner
John Meyer, Secretary; WWU Board of Trustee
Steve Swan, WWU V.P. for University Relations & Comm. Development
Rich Van Den Hul, WWU, V.P. for Business & Financial Affairs
Brian Sullivan, WWU, Asst. V.P. for Business & Financial Affairs
Paul Mueller, WWU, Risk Manager, Business & Financial Affairs
Pete Heilgeist, WWU, Director of Procurement, Business & Financial Affairs
Kerena Higgins, WWU, Asst. Attorney General
Shirley McFearin, Port of Bellingham, Real Estate Director
Sylvia Goodwin, Port of Bellingham, Planning Director
Katherine Deets, Port of Bellingham, Legal Counsel
- The meeting was called to order at 10:00 am by Glenn Butler, President of the Board of Directors.
- Glenn Butler welcomed John Meyer to the Board.
- Motion was made by Rob Fix to approve the agenda for the meeting. Seconded by Dan Robbins. Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion was made by Bruce Shepard to approve the minutes of the May 19, 2015 minutes. Seconded by Dan Robbins. Motion passed unanimously.
- The meeting adjourned into closed session at 10:03 am to discuss real estate issues.
- Meeting reconvened at 10:20 am.
- Motion was made by Bruce Shepard, seconded by Rob Fix to approve the Real Estate Plan option #2 for the sale of the Hannegan Road property. Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion was made by Rob Fix, seconded by Bruce Shepard, to continue the contract with realtors Troy Muljat and Eric Larsen as the real estate agents for the sale of the Hannegan Road property. Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion was made by Bruce Shepard and seconded by Dan Robbins, to approve the revised location of the Western Crossing parcel and authorize the President to execute Amendment #1 to the Western Crossing Memorandum of Understanding, subject to amendment of the Harcourt Bellingham, LLC Master Development Agreement. Motion passed 4-0-1 with John Meyer abstaining.
- Rob Fix gave an update on Waterfront Development.
- Provided an update on construction of the Granary Building.
- Provided information on Harcourt’s vision for the Boardmill Building.
- Motion was made to appoint Dan Robbins as President for the 2016-17 year.
- Motion was made to appoint John Meyer as Vice President for the 2016-17 year.
- Motion was made to appoint Rob Fix as Secretary for the 2016-17 year.
- Motion was made to appoint Glenn Butler as Treasurer for the 2016-17 year.
- All Motions passed unanimously.
- There is no new business.
- The meeting adjourned at 10:40 am.