Western Crossing Development Annual Meeting
May 6, 2014
Port of Bellingham, Mt. Baker Room
Rob Fix, Executive Director, Port of Bellingham
Bruce Shepard, President, WWU
Dan Robbins, Port Commissioner
Peggy Zoro, WWU, Board of Trustees
Glenn Butler, Board Member
Steve Swan, WWU, V.P. for University Relations & Community Development
Lisa Wochos, WWU, Asst. Attorney General
Brian Sullivan, WWU, Asst. V.P. for Business & Financial Affairs
Paul Mueller, WWU, Risk Manager
Frank Chmelik, Attorney, Port of Bellingham
- The meeting was called to order at 11:38 am by Rob Fix, President of the Board of Directors.
- Motion was made to approve the minutes of the June 12, 2013 Special Meeting. Motion passed unanimously.
- Rob Fix gave an update on discussions with Harcourt Development. He discussed the Term Sheet Agreement and the Master Development Agreement.
- Steve Swan gave an update on WWU Planning. The new Campus Waterfront Planning Committee has met four times. The Committee endorses previous recommendations for offering programs and activities in a leased multi-purpose facility on a portion of the 10.8 acres. The Committee is in the process of defining the footprint need and the type of interior space needed for programs/centers that will occupy the building.
- Motion was made by Peggy Zoro to extend the contract through December 31, 2014 with Muljat Realty for the sale of the Hannegan Road property. Bruce Shepard seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Motion was made by Bruce Shepard to amend Section 8a (Meetings) of the Corporation By-Laws to change the annual meeting from the “first Tuesday of May at 10:00 am of each and every year” to the “first Wednesday of May at 10:00 am of each and every year”. Glenn Butler seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Motion was made by Rob Fix to elect the following officers for the 2014-2015 year.
Bruce Shepard, President
Glenn Butler, Vice President
Dan Robbins, Secretary
Peggy Zoro, Treasurer
- Motion passed unanimously.
- There were no other items for discussion.
- The meeting adjourned into closed session at 12:05 pm.
- The meeting returned to open session at 12:18 pm at which time the meeting was adjourned.