Web Communication Technologies (WebTech)
WebTech provides web development services, web templates, and web training for the Western community. Our group was responsible for the new Western home page (2011), the new myWestern design (2013), the Western Template, college sites on the Drupal platform, the mobile app design, and most recently (2014), the new Admissions site. Our responsibilities include:
- Develop and support the main Western website
- Create and support tools and web templates for college, departmental, and personal sites
- Collaborate with faculty and departments to develop and support software for special academic needs
- Provide design and usability support for campus-wide tools (e.g. myWestern, universal login, etc)
- Recommend web standards for usable, accessible, modern websites
- Provide website help for the Western community via the firstname.lastname@example.org support line.
- Provide training and classes for web staff on campus
* Prior to July 2013, WebTech was Web Services within Academic Technology and User Services (ATUS).
We are located in Old Main 390 on the Western Washington University campus.
WebTech, MS 9028
Western Washington University
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Director of Web Communication Technologies
Senior Web Developer
UW Accessibility Expert