Web Communication Technologies (WebTech)
Web Communication Technologies is a new department* within University Relations & Community Development that creates and supports websites and web technology at Western. Our responsibilities are:
- Develop and support the main Western website
- Create tools and web templates for college, departmental, and personal sites
- Collaborate with faculty and departments to develop and support software for special academic needs
- Provide design and usability support for campus-wide tools (e.g. myWestern, universal login, etc)
- Recommend web standards for usable, accessible, modern websites
- Provide website help for the Western community via the firstname.lastname@example.org support line.
- Provide training and classes for web staff on campus
* Prior to July 2013, WebTech was Web Services within Academic Technology and User Services (ATUS).
We are located in Old Main 390 on the Western Washington University campus.
WebTech, MS 9028
Western Washington University
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Director of Web Communication Technologies
Senior Web Developer
UW Accessibility Expert