Academic Technology & User Services
The Academic Technology & User Services (ATUS) division plays a dual role at Western.
- Academic Technology services focus on the effective and appropriate integration of technology into the primary teaching and learning mission of the campus.
- User Services highlights keeping campus user technologies as current and easy to use as possible.
Specific Academic Technology services include:
- the provision of comprehensive classroom services
- management of general university computer labs
- instructional support and development
- support of Canvas and other aspects of on-line learning
- faculty development
- digital media development and support
- academic software
ATUS is also the operational arm of the Student Technology Center, managed in cooperation with the Associated Students.
The User Services functions of ATUS
support any use of technology by individual staff and students.
ATUS is the public face of the campus for:
- computer accounts
- file storage
- operation of academic servers such as the My Western portal and Canvas.
Specific User Services include:
- student/staff Help Desk
- computer maintenance
- computer desktop consulting
- support of wireless computing and laptop loan
- application software training