The Audience reports tell you about the characteristics of your users. The Overview report is the default view when you go to Google Analytics. Under Overview you will see these choices:
- Demographics and Interests are not enabled by default but these can provide information about your users. Please read Google's explanations carefully if you decide to enable these capabilities.
- Geo shows you where your visitors are and what language they speak
- Behavior allows you to compare visitors based on whether they are new to your site or returning, how frequently and recently they have visited and how much time they spend on your site or how engaged they are.
- Technology shows you what browser, network and operating system they were using.
- Mobile has all the different mobile devices used to access your site.
- Users Flow gives you a visual representation of the different paths visitors took through your site, including where they dropped off your site.
Information provided by Christine McGinnis, Analytics Analyst for WebTech