View your site statistics
- When you access Google Analytics you will first be taken to the homepage, which shows your Account, Property and View. View will take you to your reports.
- You will be taken directly to the Overview page under the Audience tab where you are given basic statistics about your website performance.
- Navigate the reports using the tabs in the left sidebar.
- To change the dates in which you view your data, click the drop-down arrow in the date range bar in the top right corner of the page. You can customize the date range any way you want and compare current and past data. When you’ve set your dates click apply. This range will stay the same as you go through your report until you change it.
- Notice you have the options of Hour, Day Week and Month views for the graph in the top right, below the date range.
- If you’re unsure what certain metrics mean, hover over the metric name with your mouse and a brief description will appear.
- Some reports will require modifications to your tracking code. If you have any questions regarding these features contact firstname.lastname@example.org and put Analytics Help in the subject line.
Information provided by Christine McGinnis, Analytics Analyst for WebTech