Creating a Dual Theme (for College and Department)
If your college or division has a Drupal site and you are working on integrating your site with the Drupal system a common need is site specific navigation and identity. To get this working we have a template named wwuzen-dual that you can modify to fit your site and we can then deploy within the parent site.
- Retrieve the theme from Bitbucket. This will download a zip file of the theme.
- Unzip the file.
- Rename the directory wwuzen-dual-(department/office name) without the ().
- Rename the file wwuzen_dual.info wwuzen_dual_(department/office name) without the ().
- Open the wwuzen_dual_(department/office name) file and find line 25.
- It should say name = WWUZEN Dual
- Change that to be WWUZEN (Department/office name) without the ().
- Open theme-settings.php and replace wwuzen_dual everywhere you find it with your theme name, wwuzen_dual_(department/office name) without the ().
- Do the same in template.php
- Open templates/page.tpl.php and put your department or office name on line 121 in place of "Department of Environmental Science"
- In the root directory of the theme you have just created compile the SASS into CSS. $ compass compile
- Create a new file called .gitignore and enter the line '*.scssc' to exclude cache files from the repository.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com include your zipped up theme. Ask to have it loaded into your college or division Drupal site.