Creating Accordion Menus
Accordion menus are used throughout our Drupal sites. Typically they appear on the left hand side and are used as department speficic menus. To utilize an accordion you must first creat a standard Drupal menu and then associate that menu with an accordion block.
- If no menu currently exists, create a menu by following steps 1-5 on the main Drupal site.
- Add links, if necessary to that menu.
- Navigate to Structure -> Blocks
- Click the "Add Menu Block" link at the top of the page.
- For the block title type in <none>
- For the Administatrive Name type in a name you will recognize. We reccomend "Group Name Navigation." For example, Architeture Navigation.
- For the menu to use, choose the menu you originally created.
- Choose 1st for the starting level.
- Click Save Block at the bottom of the screeen.
- Locate an unused accordion menu block, often named something like Menu 2 (accordion)
- Click the Edit link on the right of the accordion menu block
- Configure the Accordion menu block. There are three configuration screens accessed by the menu on the left. Set the menu up like the following screenshots. Make sure to change the menu name to reflect your menu and choose your menu from the select list.
- Click the "Save Block" button in the upper right region of the screen.